The most frustrating and irritating thing is getting bored. After completing your work, study, and chores, sitting idle is very depressing. The best way to kill boredom is by indulging in some creative activities. They not only help pass time quickly, but also give you something constructive to do. The following ideas will help you liven up a boring day.
Ideas for Kids
- Vegetable art is also a fun activity. Cut different vegetables like a potato, ladyfinger, or any others. Use these cut pieces to draw different shapes on the paper. Or you can dip the cut pieces in paint and press them over a page to make different images. Children will have great fun creating different pieces of art.
- Open the old world map and ask your child to spot different countries and cities on the map. This way, he/she will learn more about the world.
- Ask your child to draw a route map from your house to his/her favorite place, be it the park, a restaurant, or their school. Ask him/her to draw some major landmarks along the route and point out the places that he/she sees regularly. This will surely keep his/her mind occupied for quite some time.
- You can play a game of I Spy or Rapid questions about animals, things around the house, or his/her favorite cartoon character.
Things To Do At Home
Things To Do With Friends
- Read the same book and plan a review. Try and explain your version of the story and learn different points of view.
- Write a few lines of a story. Ask the next friend to add a few more sentences to take the story forward. You will be amused with the way the story line ends up.
Look up the Internet and gather knowledge. Keep yourself entertained and busy with reading, writing, and painting. Try singing or learn how to play an instrument. Learn a new language. Always keep your mind occupied with some creative things to do. As it is rightly said, An empty mind is a devil's workshop.