A picnic basket is used to carry the essentials, which are used for a picnic. Earlier, the designs were simple - there was just a simple cane or a plastic basket packed with finger foods and fruits. Today, we have plastic containers, which are very convenient to carry. However, there is no replacement for the comfort, familiarity, and nostalgia of the earlier hampers. These days, a variety of materials is used offering numerous features to the user, making us perplexed as to which one to go in for. Also, with modern-day living hardly giving us time, we are at a loss to know which convenient eatables to carry in these sets. If you are in a similar confusion, here are some picnic basket ideas, which you will surely find handy.
- When choosing the package, look for the ones, which look good as well as function well.
- Insulated ones, which keep the food hot and the beverages cool at the same time can be extremely useful.
- Use a waterproof bag for the rainy season.
- For family picnics, there are many baskets available in the market, which come with additional storage.
- They contain extra compartments in which lots of things can be stored.
- For people who are looking for convenience, the ones that come with wheels are ideal. They come in a large size and have enough storage for food, drinks, cutlery, silverware, table cloth, blankets, etc.
- When deciding on the menu, make sure you include such foods, which can remain fresh for a very long time.
- Foods, which are easy to carry and convenient to eat are ideal. These include vegetable, macaroni, or meat sandwiches.
- For health-conscious people, potato, egg, and simple vegetable salads can be included.
- For snacking, one can take fruits as well as nuts.
- Cakes, chocolates, and candies should be included too, especially for kids.
- Take tinned tuna fish, and put it in a bowl.
- Add some chopped red onions to it, and mix well.
- Pour a tablespoon of mayonnaise on the mixture, and add salt, pepper, and oregano. Mix well.
- Take the pita bread, fill it with this mixture, and your delicious sandwich is ready.
- Mix together finely-chopped cucumber, tomato, red onions, bell pepper, basil leaves, and black olives in a bowl.
- Add some peanut butter, and mix well.
- Now, fill this mixture in a pita pocket, and you're done.