Note these options that hold true for you:
- Fed up of channel surfing.
- Done leafing through the books or magazines that are lying around.
- Called up friends and conversed with them.
- Experiencing red and watery eyes, thanks to spending hours online due to the lack of anything better to do.
If you have noted more than two of these options, then welcome to the group of people who are actively (or maybe not so actively) looking for a solution to their problem of boredom.
So what is being bored and how exactly do you define the condition of being bored? Well, most online dictionaries will define boredom for you as a condition of being weary due to dull, repetitive, or tedious events. If you are displaying these symptoms, then you obviously are bored.
While it may not be a foolproof treatment for you, here is several probable remedies for your condition. Maybe these fun things to do will help liven up your dampened spirits.
Stuff to do to Banish Boredom
There could be a very long list of things to do when bored that could help with your problem but then a solution to boredom could probably increase yours to astronomical levels. So, here are some things that find to be interesting.
- Play squash. All you need is a ball and wall to hit it against. You can entertain yourself for hours in this fashion.
- Look through the Guinness Book of World Records; pick a record you would like to break and prepare yourself for the same. Try to not pick a record which involves self-mutilation or any other such harmful process.
- There will probably be few other times when you will be left to your own device and will have to entertain yourself. Try out dance steps that have been heralded the world over as being tough, like the moon walk.
- Perform one of those culinary experiments that you have been dying to try out. You surely have thought of several weird combinations of food items.
- Try to make your very own terrace garden or at least start working on it. It should be a fun, novel activity and also productive.
- Redecorate your room; this is just one of the creative things to do when boredom engulfs you. Shift the furniture around and change the way you have put up decorative pieces. It will break the monotony of the room and of your life.
- Ever wondered what it would feel like to have a twin or for the crazier people out there, a dual personality? Well, try to have a conversation with yourself. Maybe you will figure how it feels.
- If you have an aquarium, you can try to see how long you can keep your head underwater. Try to not scare away your pet fish while doing so.
- Try to develop a new skill like body contortionsism. You never know trying to fit your body into a box may make you world famous.
- Write an autobiography. You may not want to go through what Anne Frank did but who detests the idea of being discovered for talents you did not know existed.
- Paint a wall of your room. Make a mural if you think you will be good at it or just use washable crayons.
- Make crank calls to people and annoy the hell out of them.
- Pick your favorite sitcom. Try to get all the episodes and seasons of the same and then have a marathon viewing session. If nothing else, at least you will be laughing for a long time.
- Pick a copy of Bartending for Dummies and learn a new trade.
- Start a blog for yourself. If you have a blog, then try to design your own blog to make it look different and unique from those other typeset blogs.
- Make a list of all the annoying jingles and theme songs and draft letters to their creators complaining about the same and then post them.