Balloon popping requires a little bit of preparation beforehand. Darts are used to pop the balloons because they have sharp metal points that are capable of piercing through.
- Purchase two large packets of balloons. Blow them with the help of an air pump, or take help from your family and friends to reduce the exhaustion of blowing so many balloons.
- Keep the darts ready or load the popping gun (use fake bullets provided along with it). Make sure that the darts do not puncture the wall; it is thus, very important you use the cardboard.
- You can give a demonstration of the game to your kids. Stand at a distance of 6-9 feet and throw the dart, aiming it straight at the balloon.
- Each kid will be given three chances; this way, they get two chances to practice. Call them one by one and allow them to pop the balloons.
- Have three rounds to decide a winner. Make sure you keep an eye on the maximum number of balloons popped by kids so that the prize is handed over to the one deserving it.
- Popping water balloons is probably more interesting because kids are fascinated by water. Fill the balloons with water and tie them tightly. After that, follow the same steps as mentioned here. However, the poodles will be a little messy if you are organizing this game indoors.
- 2 prizes should be given. The 1st prize should be given to the kid who has popped maximum number of balloons in all rounds.
- 2nd option is more entertaining. Number the balloons and prizes. For example, if your kid has popped the balloon marked as number 2, then he will get the prize tagged with number 2. Hence, they win a prize every time they pop a balloon.
Make sure the darts do not loiter around after the game is over. Similarly, the water needs to be cleaned regularly.