If you happen to be one of those who think that brain teasers can be fun, the funny riddles given below are meant for you. They defy logic … no doubt, but they do make you laugh.
Imagine trying to solve some riddle for an hour, or two, only to find out that its answer had nothing to do with logic. There is absolutely no dearth of such riddles. An adult may find these riddles pretty tough, but a 7-year-old will solve them in a jiffy. That, perhaps, is the best … or should we say the “funniest” part of these riddles. Such riddles can turn out to be great ice breakers for a group.
Funny Riddles (… and their Answers)
Before you move on, we would like to warn you that your high IQ will not help you solve these tricky riddles. What you need is the ability to think out of the box. Whether you have that in you, or not, will be proved eventually. Beware though, you might just end up pulling off your hair trying to find their answers.
1) In Okmulgee, Oklahoma, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why?
2) What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
3) How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
4) Two mothers and two daughters go to a pet store and buy three cats. Each female gets her own cat. How is this possible?
5) There are 3 stoves; a glass stove, brick stove, and wood stove. You only have 1 match. Which would you light first?
6) How far can a dog run into the woods?
7) How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
8) What is it that you cannot hold even for ten minutes, even though it is lighter than a feather?
9) There are 6 mangoes in a basket and 6 kids eagerly waiting to get one. Each kid is given 1 mango, yet there is one mango in the basket. How?
10) What becomes white when it is dirty?
11) A doctor and a nurse have a baby boy. The boy’s father is not the doctor and the mother is not the nurse. How is it possible?
12) What can you hold without ever touching it, or without using your hands?
13) What word of five letters has only one left when two letters are removed?
14) If you drop a yellow hat in the Red Sea what will it become?
15) What is the question you can ask all day, get different answers for the same, and they would still be correct?
Unlike all those tough riddles based on math and logic, these riddles don’t do much to enhance your critical thinking skills, or problem solving abilities. But they do guarantee you laughs and that, by far, is the best thing about them. If you are aware of similar riddles, which you would like to share with us, you can enlist them here in form of comments. We will try to add them to our list of riddles the next time we sit to compile one.