Learning how to play blackjack at a casino is important because it’s an extremely popular game (and it’s fun to play too). So, here’s how you do it like a seasoned card shark.
How to play blackjack at a casino
Every casino has its own rules and regulations for the blackjack table. That’s why it’s important for you to contact the casino concierge before placing your first bet. They can help you determine the min/max antes and guide you to games that are within your budget. You might also get gaming discounts and special offers at their desk.
Afterward, follow these simple steps to start playing blackjack at your favorite spot:
- Find a table with betting parameters that suit your purse because you don’t want to lose everything right out of the gate.
- Buy some chips from the dealer (if you don’t have any left from another table or didn’t buy any from the concierge).
- Place your bet inside the semi-circle that’s directly in front of where you’re sitting.
- Wait for your cards to be dealt and then either hit or stay when it’s your turn.
- Allow the dealer to determine the winner and divvy out the winnings of each round. Do not touch the cards or chips on the table.
Betting tips to help you win bigger pots
Meanwhile, there are several ways to increase your chances of winning big when you’re playing blackjack at a casino. For instance, did you know that players can win one and a half times their bet if they’re dealt a “natural?” Here are some other things you need to know:
- Most blackjack players say to stand when your hand value totals anything over 17.
- Try to hit or double when you receive anything between an Ace and 6.
- Remember that the Ace can be counted as either 10 or 1.
- Double a hand that totals 11, especially if the dealer has a 10 or 2.
It’s also a good idea to start with small bets and then work your way up. Furthermore, some casinos place caps on how much you can bet on any given game. For winnings that add up without all the risk, take it slow.
How to play blackjack at a casino without much money
There are several ways to enjoy the casino atmosphere without losing your life savings. You get lots of practice that way, plus you don’t have to worry as much about other players or betting minimums. That’s because some options help you play the game even when you’re broke.
For example, you can go to your favorite casino’s website and play online for free (most of the time). Or, you can head over to 24/7 Blackjack for real-time competitions with other people.