If you’re looking for a Philly fun guide, then you’ve come to the right place. The city is filled with exciting attractions but they’re not always easy to find. On top of that, some of them are really expensive.
So, how do you have a good time in Philadelphia when you’re either A) bored, B) broke, or C) a local? Well, you have to know where the good stuff is and then create a plan to get yourself there. We promise that part’s not as hard as it sounds.
What’s inside your Philly fun guide?
We’re not talking about the delicious sandwiches that are synonymous with this city here. We’re talking about your itinerary and what’s in it. You can’t visit Philadelphia and not have a good time. In fact, it’s called the City of Brotherly Love for a reason. That’s because the streets are wide and paved, with plenty of activities for anyone in your group. For example, here’s who could benefit most from this fun guide to Philly:
- Artist and art lovers
- History buffs
Keep in mind that there’s a little something for everybody, meaning even people with disabilities can have fun too. At the same time, the city is also great for visiting entrepreneurs and social justice warriors. So, the next time you’re bored on the internet, search for your favorite stuff in the area you’ll be traveling to.
Ways to save money while exploring Philadelphia
Other articles give you a list of fun things to do in Philly. But what happens when you’ve made your mind up about the schedule? Isn’t there a way to save some cash and make your trip even better (or longer)? We’re glad you asked. Check this out:
- Look for coupons in local publications. You might even find some free stuff or get neighborhood invites to upcoming events.
- Ask around for affiliate deals. Hotels, airlines, and car rental places usually work hand-in-hand to offer discounts to traveling visitors.
- Take a walk downtown because you never know when a street merchant will be handing out gifts or having a sale.
HINT: You might also save money by eating at the inexpensive food carts that line some of the streets.
The Philly fun guide for bored tourists
Not quite feeling excited about the activities on your homemade Philly itinerary? That’s okay because nobody likes to be basic. So, think about doing these fun things on your visit instead:
- Run up the same stairs as the fictional boxer, Rocky Balboa.
- Take a scenic stroll down Boathouse Row.
- Visit Benjamin Franklin Parkway and stop by one of the museums.
- Try a world-renowned pork sandwich or refuel on a famous Philly cheesesteak at Reading Terminal Market.
- Enjoy a tour of Independence Hall and then speak to the locals about their family histories.
There’s never a shortage of fun things to do in Philadephia, there’s just maybe a shortage of good information about the best local activities.
Wrapping it up
Take a trip to the City of Brotherly love because it’s always welcoming. It’s also full of history and fun for the whole family.