This card game was developed by Kenneth Johnson in 1982, and is marketed and sold by Mattel. Phase 10 is often considered to be similar to Rummy, due to the concept of sequences both games share. The game is also one of Mattel's best-selling games, after UNO.
The Mobile VersionPhase 10 is available on two leading mobile device platforms, iOS and Android. The iOS version costs $1.99, whereas, the Android version is completely free. Download and Enjoy!
Phase 10 can be played by a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 6 players. The box contains a total of 108 cards, out of which 8 are Wild cards, 4 are Skip cards, and the remaining are classified into 4 colors with 24 cards each.
To begin with, you'll need to learn the specific terms associated with the game. Learning these terms would prevent you from getting confused later on. Here are the rules and regulations on how to play the Phase 10 card game.
- Set - 2 or more cards of the same number.
- Run - 4 or more consecutive cards.
- Hitting - This allows a player to discard certain unwanted cards immediately after a phase is laid down; these cards should necessarily be linked to the completed phase. However, for this rule to be applicable, the player him/herself should have laid down his/her own phase for that round.
- Going Out - This term refers to the action of getting rid of all cards in one's hand, either by hitting or by using all of them to complete a phase.
- Wild Card - A Wild card helps complete a sequence by substituting any required card.
- Skip Card - A Skip card allows a player to make another player lose his/her turn.
- Cards numbered from 1 - 9 are equal to 5 points each.
- Cards numbered 10 - 12 are worth 10 points each.
- Skip cards are equal to 15 points, whereas Wild cards sum up to 25 points.
- 2 sets of 3 cards each
- 1 set of 3 and 1 run of 4
- 1 set of 4 and 1 run of 4
- 1 run of 7
- 1 run of 8
- 1 run of 9
- 2 sets of 4
- 7 cards of the same color
- 1 set of 5 and 1 set of 2
- 1 set of 5 and 1 set of 3
Phase 10 is an ideal card game to play with family and friends at home and at a small get-together too. Enjoy!