Critical thinking puzzle games are not only entertaining but they test your logical ability and analytical skills. Some of these games have become a household name now and are enjoyed by people across all ages. Critical thinking puzzles like Sudoko, Tanagram, Tower of Hanoi, etc., are very popular brain teasers and help in developing critical thinking skills. The way outdoor games are important for the physical development, critical thinking games are important for mental development.
Teaching critical thinking is important in today's fast-paced world. Critical thinking puzzles are the best mental exercises for growing children and you must encourage your kids to participate in critical thinking activities in their schools and as well as home.
Lots of thinking puzzles are available online and people who use the internet to kill time can benefit from this. These online thinking puzzles have some added benefits like better visualization, music, online hints, etc. A lot of people think of these critical thinking activities as something that are good enough for children only, but being really honest to you, I have seen a lot of grown-ups struggling with these games! So, check out some of these thinking puzzles as maybe it's time for a little introspection!
Critical Thinking Exercises
- Suppose you have only two egg timers, a five-minute and a three-minute. Can you use these two measuring devices to time an egg that must be boiled for exactly two minutes?
- If four men and three women from company A produce as much in five days as three men and five women from company B, which company will have better efficiency?
- Among 100 applicants for a sports teacher job, it was noted that 10 had never played baseball or soccer. 75 had at least played baseball. 83 had at least played soccer. How many of the applicants had played both baseball and soccer?
- At 9 PM a guy sets an alarm for 10' o clock next morning. He forgets to specify AM or PM. After 18 minutes, he falls asleep. How long will he be able to sleep before the clock wakes him up?
- A very rich man lost count of the number of watches he had. One day he decided to count all his watches. After counting the rich man discovered that the number of watches he has can be divided by 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. What is the minimum number of watches that he has?
- If one and a half hens lay one and a half eggs in one and a half days, how many eggs does one hen lay in one day?
- Tear up a piece of paper into 9 pieces. Write the digits 1 to 9 on a piece of paper, one digit per piece. Now rearrange the bits of paper to form three 3-digit numbers, such that the sum of the two smaller numbers equals the larger. There is more than one solution. How many solutions are there altogether?
- Three friends have lunch in a restaurant and get a bill of $30. The waiter hands them $5 back, but as $5 is not divisible by 3, they take a dollar each and give the $2 to the waiter as tip. Now, as each of the friends has paid $9 ($10-$1) and the tip offered to waiter is $2, the total money spent is $9×3 + $2(tip) = $29. Where is the missing dollar?
There are a lot of websites which allow you to play free online critical thinking puzzle games. There are specific thinking puzzles for adults, with the difficulty levels higher than that of the puzzles designed for kids. So, whenever you need a break from the stressful day or just want to have some fun, take a shot at these critical thinking puzzles.