Solving riddles or puzzles is not only exciting, but amusing too. The article below enlists some brain teasing and funny riddles and answers.
According to the difficulty, solving riddles and answers can be easy for some, and daunting for others. Nevertheless, riddles are fun to solve and keep us hooked until we get them right. Besides the fact that these tend to be extremely entertaining, solving tricky or hard riddles improves your child’s problem solving and reasoning abilities and helps him/her focus on something more productive and useful. This article encompasses a collection of riddles. Try solving then first; if you are unable to, the answer will be provided on clicking the link below the question.
Riddles and Their Answers
- What’s full of holes but still holds water?
Show AnswerAnswer: A sponge!
- What building has the most stories?
Show AnswerAnswer: A library.
- Pronounced as one letter,
And written with three,
Two letters there are,
And two only in me.
I’m double, I’m single,
I’m black, blue, and gray,
I’m read from both ends,
And the same either way.
What am I?
Show AnswerAnswer: An eye.
- What other letter fits in the following series:
B C D E I K O X?
Show AnswerAnswer: The letter H. All the letters in the series flipped vertically remain the same.
- What is the best month for a parade?
Show AnswerAnswer: March.
- You can keep it only after giving it away to someone else. What is it?
Show AnswerAnswer: Your word.
- What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
Show AnswerAnswer: The letter M.
- What two words have thousands of letters in them?
Show AnswerAnswer: Post Office.
- It is greater than God and more evil than the devil. The poor have it, the rich need it and if you eat it you’ll die. What is it?
Show AnswerAnswer: Nothing. Nothing is greater than God, nothing is more evil than the devil, the poor have nothing, the rich need nothing and if you eat nothing you’ll die.
- At night they come without being fetched. By day they are lost without being stolen. What are they?
Show AnswerAnswer: The stars.
- What English word has three consecutive double letters?
Show AnswerAnswer: Bookkeeper.
- He has married many women, but has never been married. Who is he?
Show AnswerAnswer: A priest.
- When one does not know what it is, then it is something; but when one knows what it is, then it is nothing.
Show AnswerAnswer: A riddle.
Maths Riddles with Answers
- Two mothers and two daughters go to a pet store and buy three cats. Each female gets her own cat. How is this possible?
Show AnswerAnswer: There is a grandmother, a mother, and a daughter.The grandmother is also the mother’s mother, so there are 2 daughters and 2 mothers, but only a total of 3 people.
- You have 20 apples in a basket. 20 children come to you and each one of them ask for an apple. You want to give all the apples to each one of them, but still keep one inside the basket? How will you do it?
Show AnswerAnswer: Give all the 19 apples to each one of them and give the basket to the last child with the apple still inside it.
- Six glasses are in a row. The first three are full of juice; the second three are empty. By moving only one glass, can you arrange them so empty and full glasses alternate?
Show AnswerAnswer: Pour the juice from the second glass into the fifth glass.
- There was a man one night. He started to run straight forward. Then he turned left. Soon after, he turned left again. Then he started running towards his home. When he got home there were 2 masked men waiting for him. Who were they?
Show AnswerAnswer: The man running was a baseball player. The 2 masked men were the catcher and the umpire.
- Fred owns a pet store. He puts one canary per cage, but has one bird too many. If he puts two canaries in each cage, he has one cage too many. How many cages and canaries does he have?
Show AnswerAnswer: Fred has 3 cages and 4 canaries.
- If your sock drawer has 6 black socks, 4 brown socks, 8 white socks, and 2 tan socks, how many socks would you have to pull out in the dark to be sure you had a matching pair?
Show AnswerAnswer: Five. There are only four colors, so five socks guarantee that two will be the same color.
- Two planes take off at the same exact moment. They are flying across the Atlantic. One leaves New York and is flying to Paris at 500 miles per hour. The other leaves Paris and is flying to New York at just 450 miles per hour. Which one will be closer to Paris when they meet?
Show AnswerAnswer: They will both be the same distance from Paris when they meet!
- A barrel of water weighs 20 pounds. What must you add to it to make it weigh 12 pounds?
Show AnswerAnswer: Holes.
These were just some interesting and entertaining riddles. The list can go on and on. So, what are you waiting for? Start exercising your reasoning and thinking abilities, and try solving these fun and tricky riddles.